To celebrate her 65th birthday, the 3 Stores, 2 Cotton Gins, 1 Remarkable Life podcast flipped the script by interviewing Dr. Cynthia Bond Hopson!
In this episode, management consultant and founder of Aepiphanni Business Consulting, Rick Meekins, sat down with Dr. Cynthia to gain insight into what ‘heartwork’ is and its difference from simply doing hard work, along with why she always strives for excellence and her close relationship with God. She talks about her own stories, experiences, learnings and how it all led her from there to here.
If you’d like to officially get to know the host of 3 Stores, 2 Cotton Gins, 1 Remarkable Life, listen and learn more from Dr. Cynthia herself!
In this episode you will also discover:
- On taking the road less traveled
- The importance of learning something new every day
- The most interesting thing that Dr. Cynthia learned about herself throughout her journey
- Listening to other people and encouraging their big dreams
- Why excellence is the only standard Dr. Cynthia accepts
- Having strong faith and staying in constant contact with God
- Writing as “heartwork” and having God guide her
- How one becomes “spiritually hungry”
- On lifting up phenomenal women
- “Just think about it: If every single person gave a 110% every time, it would make a world of a difference.”
- “No matter how much I think I know, there is so much that I don’t know. Take some time and learn something new every day.”
- “We’re not in this world alone so we have to dream big with other people.”
- “I hate excuses. Either you do what you’re supposed to do or you don’t, but don’t make excuses.”
- “For me, excellence is the only standard that is acceptable.”
- “There is no ‘I’ in team but there has to be a ‘team’ in ‘teamwork’.”
- “If you’re going to be successful, if you’re going to have excellence in you, then you have to build it in you along the way. That doesn’t just happen.”
- “Because of my faith, I have been able to weather the storms and come out on top.”